- There have been meetings of only a moment which have left impressions for life ...for eternity. No one can understand that mysterious thing we call ‘influence’ ...yet everyone of us continually exerts
influence, either to heal, to bless, to leave marks of beauty; or to wound, to hurt, to poison, to stain other lives. [J.B. Miller]
- Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul. [John Maxwell]
- It is the obligation of the ruler to continually renew himself in order to renew the people by his example. [Confucius]
- Management is the process of assuring that the program and objectives of the organization are implemented. Leadership on the other hand has to do with casting vision and motivating people.
- Knowing how to do a job is the accomplishment of labor - showing others is the accomplishment of the teacher - making sure the work is done by others is the accomplishment of the manager - inspiring
others to do better work is the accomplishment of the leader. [John Maxwell]
- He who thinketh he leadeth and hath no one following him is only taking a walk.
- Leadership is getting people to work for you when they are not obligated. [Fred Price]
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. [John Maxwell]
- Needless to say, you can love people without leading them, but you cannot lead people without loving them. [John Maxwell]
- A leader is great, not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others. [John Maxwell]
- Authority is not the power a boss has over subordinates, but rather the boss’s ability to influence subordinates to recognize and accept that power. [Pieter Bruyn]
- Every great institution is the lengthened shadow of a single man. His character determines the character of the organization. [Ralph Waldo Emerson]
- Leaders must live by higher standards than their followers.
- We cannot lead anyone else further than we have been ourselves. [John Maxwell]
- The first order of things to be changed is me, the leader. After I consider how hard it is to change myself, then I will understand the challenge of trying to change others. This is the ultimate test
of leadership. [John Maxwell]
- Leaders have two characteristics: first they are going somewhere, and second they are able to persuade other people to go with them. [John Maxwell]
- Openness by the leader paves the way for ownership by the people. Without ownership, changes will be short term. Changing people’s habits and ways of thinking is like writing instructions in the snow
during a snowstorm. Every twenty minutes the instructions must be rewritten, unless ownership is given along with instructions. [John Maxwell]
- It is the capacity to develop and improve their skills that distinguishes leaders from their followers. [Warren Bennis & Bert Nanus]
- The leader is the organization’s top strategist... systematically envisioning the future and specifically mapping out how to get there. [Bill Hybels]
- Those closest to me will determine the level of my success. [John Maxwell]
Page 2 >>
Do you have a favorite quote or set of quotes that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site? Then please feel free to submit them to us for our consideration.
Return to Quotes By Topic