- Notice how people can sit for hours and talk to one another, but call us to pray and we find it to be great difficulty. Why is this so? 1) Lack of desperation (realizing our dependence on God), 2) The
wrestlings of the flesh, 3) Lack of faith to believe not only that God hears us but that He will move on our behalf. [David Wallace]
- God hears desire: God hears hunger: God hears thirst; He does not hear lethargy. [Scott Lamb]
- Prayer is faith passing into action. [Richard Cecil]
- You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but you cannot do more than pray until you have prayed. [Dr. A.J. Gordon]
- Prayer in Jesus’ name puts the crowning crown on God, because it glorifies Him through the Son and it pledges the Son to give to men ‘whatsoever and anything’ they shall ask. [E.M.
- The explanation is that prayer is not primarily God’s way of getting things done. It is God’s way of giving the church ‘on the job training’ in overcoming the forces hostile to God.
[Paul E. Billheimer]
- God designed the program of prayer as an ‘apprenticeship’ for eternal sovereignty with Christ. [Paul E. Billheimer]
- The prayer closet is the arena which produces the overcomer. [Paul E. Billheimer]
- Through the plan of prayer, God actually is inviting redeemed man into full partnership with Him; not in making the divine decisions, but in implementing those decisions in the affairs of humankind.
Independently and of His own will, God makes the decisions governing the affairs of earth. The responsibility and authority for the enforcement and administration of those decisions, He has place upon the
shoulders of the church. [Paul E. Billheimer]
- God will do nothing but in answer to prayer. [John Wesley]
- Intercession is the most unselfish thing anyone can do. [Paul E. Billheimer]
- The greatest thing anyone can do for God and man is to pray. [S.D. Gordon]
- The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be; the mightier the forces against evil. [E.M. Bounds]
- Someone has described the modern American as a person who drives a bank financed car over a bond financed highway on credit card gas to open a charge account at a department store so he can fill his
savings and loan financed home with installment purchased furniture. may this also be a description of many modern professed Christians? And may this not be one reason why modern Christians have so little
time to pray?
- Importunity combined with perfect faith in unconquerable! [Paul E. Billheimer]
- Any church program, no matter how impressive, if it is not supported by an adequate prayer program, is little more than an ecclesiastical treadmill. It is doing little or no damage to Satan’s kingdom.
[Paul E. Billheimer]
- God shapes the world by prayer. The prayers of God’s saints are the capitol stock of heaven by which God carries on His great work upon the earth. [E.M. Bounds]
- From heaven’s standpoint, all spiritual victories are won not primarily in the pulpit, not primarily in the klieg light of publicity, nor yet through the ostentatious blaring of trumpets, but in the
secret place of prayer. [Paul E. Billheimer]
- Unbelief in the integrity of the Word is the first great cause for prayerlessness.
- Prayer of course is not a means of getting what we want from God but getting what God wants to be done here on earth.
Page 2 >>
Do you have a favorite quote or set of quotes that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site? Then please feel free to submit them to us for our consideration.
Return to Quotes By Topic