- Sheep that are well feed seldom wander off. [Wes Baker]
- The Bible says, ĎFeed the sheep!í, not beat the sheep.
- The preacherís work is to throw sinners down into utter helplessness that they may be compelled to look up to Him Who alone can help them. [Charles Spurgeon]
- I have heard of a ship that was fired at by the cannon in a fort, but no impression was made upon it until the general in command gave the order for the balls to be made red hot. After that the vessel
was sent to the bottom of the sea in three minutes. That is what you must do with your sermons, make them red hot.
- The kind of sermon which is likely to break the hearerís heart is that which first has broken the preacherís heart, and the sermon which is likely to reach the heart of the hearer is the one which has
come straight from the heart of the preacher. [Charles Spurgeon]
- Ferdinand Foch said, ĎThe most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire!í All the crafting in the world canít save a message that has no passion in it. If you canít get excited about a
subject, donít preach on it. [John Maxwell]
- The easiest way to stay awake during a sermon is to deliver it.
Do you have a favorite quote or set of quotes that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site? Then please feel free to submit them to us for our consideration.
Return to Quotes By Topic