Here we have compiled a collection of Biblical and Christian illustrations on human attitude.
If 99% is Good Enough Then:
- 2 million documents will be lost by the IRS this year
- 22,000 checks will be deducted from wrong accounts in the next 60 seconds
- 1,314 telecalls will be misplaced every minute
- 2,488 books will be shipped with the wrong cover
- 5 million cases of soft drinks will be shipped that are flatter than a bad tire
- 12 babies will be given to the wrong parents each day
HEARTLAND NEWSLETTER – December 1993
Having The Proper Perspective
“Dear Mom and Dad, I’m sorry to be so long in writing, but all my writing paper was lost the night the dormitory burned down. I’m out of the hospital now, and the doctor says my eyesight should be back to normal sooner or later. The wonderful boy, Bill, who rescued me from the fire, kindly offered to share his little apartment with me until the dorm is rebuilt. He comes from a good family, so you won’t be surprised when I tell you we are going to be married. In fact you always wanted a grandchild, so you will be glad to know you will be grandparents early next year.”
Then she added this postscript: Please disregard the above practice in English composition. There was no fire. I haven’t been in the hospital. I’m not pregnant. And I don’t have a steady boyfriend. But I did get a D in French and an F in chemistry, and I wanted to be sure you received the news in proper perspective. Love, Mary.”
Yes, I’m tired. For several years, I’ve been blaming it on middle age, iron, poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution, water pollution, saccharin, obesity, dieting, under-arm odor, and a dozen other maladies that make you wonder if life is really worth living.
- But now I found out it is not that. I’m tired because I’m overworked.
- The population of this country is 250 Million.
- 104 Million are retired. That leaves 146 Million to do the work.
- There are 90 Million in school, which leaves 66 Million to do the work.
- Of this total, there are 32 Million employed by the government. That leaves 34 Million to do the work.
- Five Million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 29 Million to do the work.
- Take from that the 28,700,000 people who work for State and City Government and that leaves 300,000 to do the work.
- There are 248,000 in hospitals, so that leaves 52,000 to do the work.
- Now, there are 51,998 people in jails or prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me.
And you’re sitting there reading this. No wonder I’m tired!
There was little boy with a bad temper, His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, “You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad a physical one.”
Do you have a illustration that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site?
Please feel free to submit it to us for our consideration.