Here we have compiled a collection of Biblical and Christian illustrations on the topic of change.
A young man of 32 had been appointed president of the bank. He’d never dreamed he’d be president, much less at such a young age.
So he approached the venerable Chairman of the Board and said, “You know, I’ve just been appointed President. I was wondering if you could give me some advice.”
The old man came back with just two words: “Right decisions!”
The young man had hoped for a bit more than this, so he said, “That’s really helpful, and I appreciate it, but can you be more specific? How do I make right decisions?”
The wise old man simply responded, “Experience.”
The young man said, “Well, that’s just the point of my being here. I don’t have the kind of experience I need. How do I get it?”
Came the terse reply, “Wrong decisions!”
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 5 year old again.
- I want to go to McDonald’s and think that it’s a four-star restaurant.
- I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples in a pond with rocks.
- I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat ’em.
- I want to lie under a big oak tree and watch the ants march up its trunk.
- I want to run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer’s day.
- I want to think a quarter is worth more than a dollar bill cause its prettier and weighs more.
- I want to go fishing and care more about catching the minnows along the shore than the big bass in the lake.
- I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes. When I didn’t know what I know now. When all I knew was to be happy because I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worried.
- I want to think the world is fair. I want to think that everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple…….yea……simple again.
- I don’t want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and the loss of loved ones.
- I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, dreams, the imagination, Santa, the Tooth Fairy, a kiss that makes a hurt go away, making angels in the snow and that my dad and Jesus are the strongest people in the world.
So…..here’s my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit cards and the bills too, my 401K statements, my stocks & bonds, my collections, my insurance premiums, my job, my house and the payments too, my e-mail address, pager, cell phone, computer, and watch. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this with me further, you’ll have to catch me first, ’cause, “Tag! … You’re it!!!”
Do you have a illustration that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site?
Please feel free to submit it to us for our consideration.