Here we have compiled a collection of Biblical and Christian illustrations on the topic of leadership.
Difference Between Dictators and Facilitators
To give staff the support they need to succeed, a wise leader facilitates and works with the team. He doesn’t dictate or demand success. Here are some other differences between facilitators and dictators:
- Dictators hoard decisions; Facilitators push decisions down the line
- Dictators make decisions alone or restrict them; Facilitators involve others as much as possible in key to an elite group decisions and give them space to make those decisions
- Dictators view truth and wisdom as their domain; Facilitators view truth and wisdom as accessible to since they are the leaders everyone in the organization
- Dictators surprise workers with edicts from above; Facilitators let those responsible decide how the jobs will be done
- Dictators guard their own interests; Facilitators serve everyone’s interests by developing people
- Dictators take for themselves; Facilitators give to the organization
Disturb Us Lord
Disturb us, O Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves;
When our dreams come true only because we have dreamed too little;
When we arrive safely only because we sailed too close to the shore;
When with the abundance of things we are losing our thirst for more of God;
When in loving time, we have ceased to dream of eternity;
When in our desire to build on this earth
We have lost our vision of a new heaven.
Do you have a illustration that you would like to see added to The Jesus Site? Please feel free to submit it to us for our consideration.